A Guest Teacher is HERE Today!
(Great for a substitute teacher!)
- Copy of the poem My Teacher Isn’t Here Today for students to read. Download poem here.
- Chart paper
The learners will introduce themselves to the guest teacher as well as share something about him or herself.
- The guest teacher says good morning to the class as a whole.
- Then each student individually introduces himself or herself and tells the guest teacher one thing about them
- The guest teacher returns the greeting and tells the student something about himself or herself.
- The interesting thing is for the guest teacher to try and tell each student something new about him or her. (i.e., if there are
20 students in the classroom, the guest teacher will have said 20 things about himself or herself.)
Use the following format:
Timmy: “Good morning, Ms. Crabtree! My name is Timmy and I like basketball!”
Ms. Crabtree: “Good morning, Timmy! I like to cook!”
Susan: “Good morning, Ms. Crabtree! My name is Susan and I have a dog named George!”
Ms. Crabtree: “Good morning, Susan! I live on a farm with lots of animals!”
- This continues around the circle until each student has a turn.