R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Respect the earth like you and me!
- Large letters to spell out RESPECT (optional: laminate letters)
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
The learners will greet another with a greeting about respecting the earth.
- Students sit in a circle.
- Students recite the first three lines alone and the entire class says the last line.
- This greeting can be recited like a rap.
- One student begins.
Use the following format:
Ben: “My name is Ben! And I’m here to say, I respect the earth, every day!
Class: (Spelling out the word) “R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Respect the earth like you and me!”
- Continue greeting until all students have been greeted.
Hint: Use large cards that spell out RESPECT for students to raise in the air during the greeting.