The Kindness Calendar
The learners will generate a list of kind acts and create goals to achieve these acts.
- Using Odakotah to facilitate this discussion, begin brainstorming kind acts that could be easily achieved in in the learning
environment, throughout the center/school or outdoors. Help children to remember that kindness can be extended to people,
animals and the environment and have Odakotah encourage ideas for all three categories.
- Write the kind acts on a calendar/chart (you may use the provided Kindness calendar template).
- Discuss ways to remember to check the calendar and complete the kind act.
- When a kind act has been performed from the chart, mark it with a sticker or star.
- Celebrate completing the kindness calendar with a simple celebration.
- Make a list of ways they can see, hear, and show kindness to all living things on a T-Chart.
End your community meeting by informing your students about the schedule of the day.
Send home a copy of the Kindness Calendar.