Catching Good Friends
The learners will cooperatively listen to the greeter’s voice to identify the greeter and catch him/her as a good friend.
- Students are sitting in a circle with closed eyes.
- Teacher walks around the circle and taps a student on the shoulder.
- The student that was tapped greets the entire class.
- The class guesses who the tapped student is by greeting them back.
- If they guess correctly, the tapped student sits in the circle, and still participates.
Use the following format:
Ms. Jones taps Jared on the shoulder.
Jared: “Good morning all my friends!”
Class: “Good morning, Michael!”
Ms. Jones: “Good try class. Try again friends!”
Class: “Good morning, Jared!”
Jared: “You caught me, my good friends!” (Jared sits in the middle of the circle.)
- Repeat this greeting as long as time allows.