Show Respect Today!
- Odakotah—Two by Two’s Kindness Mascot
The learners will greet various partners with a respectful greeting.
- Students will form two circles. (One inner and one outer with the students from opposite circles facing each other.)
- The students facing each other are partners.
- After the cheer is recited, the outer circle moves one person to the left so they have a new partner.
Use the following format:
Tom: “Hello Jerry, what do you say?” (wave to partner)
Jerry: “Are you going to show respect today?” (point to partner)
Tom: “Yes, I’ll show respect today!”
Jerry: “Then clap my hands (partners clap hands together 3 times)
And boogie on down (“boogie” down move)
Give a little bump, (hip bump)
And move around.” (outer circle moves one person to left)
- This continues until everyone is greeted or time permits.