- Respect Cheer – Click to play
The learners will be introduced to their respect mascot, Hantaywee.
- Students sit in a circle.
- The teacher introduces one of the class’s mascots, Hantaywee, the bear.
- Briefly explain that Hantaywee got his name from the Native American language, as they saw the bear as a gentle
creature that faithfully protected their cubs. Hantaywee means “faithful.”
Hint: While explaining Hantaywee’s background, pass Hantaywee around the circle.
- To welcome Hantaywee, the class will listen to the “Respect Cheer” sung by Hantaywee.
- Next, the students will chant the cheer together.
- Conclude by everyone welcoming Hantaywee.
Use the following format:
Class: “Welcome to our class, Hantaywee!”