Kindness Compliment Boomerang
(This activity begins with the entry of students, but will continue throughout the day, week, or month.)
The learners will learn how to develop relationships by giving compliments.
- As students enter the room, (or prior to the meeting) teacher gives each person a compliment.
- Make note of how many compliments you get back.
- After the Greeting, give the class a compliment on how they just did the Greeting.
- Explain that you just gave the class a compliment on their greeting and that you gave each student a compliment when they entered
- See if any of them remember what their compliments were.
- Using chart paper/white board, make a list of compliments.
- Discuss how compliments make you feel when you give and receive them.
- Explain that this is a Kindness Compliment Boomerang.
- As a class, discuss what “all living things” mean.
- When you give a compliment, you get one back.
- Have students practice giving appropriate compliments and returning compliments back by passing a real boomerang (or large paper
- To continue practicing giving compliments throughout the day, have small boomerangs that the students can cut out, color, and pass
to each other when giving and returning a compliment.
- Put boomerangs on a bulletin board to show how many compliments were given in one day.
End your community meeting by informing your students about the schedule of the day.
Send home the directions and a small boomerang for the “Kindness Compliment Boomerang” activity. Encourage families to use a boomerang at home during dinner, in the car, etc., to pass around when giving compliments to one another.Download Letter