- Responsibility Cheer – Click to listen to the cheer!
The learners will be introduced to their responsibility mascot, Zonta.
- Students sit in a circle.
- The teacher introduces one of the class’s mascots, Zonta, the bee.
- Briefly explain that Zonta got her name from the Native American language, as they saw the bee as a very responsible insect that took care of the environment by pollinating flowering plants. Zonta means “trustworthy.” Someone you trust is very responsible.
Hint: While explaining Zonta’s background, pass Zonta around the circle.
- To welcome Zonta, the class will listen to the “Responsibility Cheer” sung by Zonta.
- Next, the students will chant the cheer together.
- Conclude by everyone welcoming Zonta.
Class: “Welcome to our class, Zonta!”